Tuesday, April 10, 2018

1st workout, and food...

Soooo, I survived workout #1 yesterday. It was hard but I loved it. I like challenging myself, pushing myself to do more than I think I can. It went something like this...

Did various forms of jumping rope for 5 minutes with 10 second breaks each minute.  Did some squats and something called a paleo chair squat (I think) for 2 minutes - that was tough! That was just the warm up! The actual workout was 20 squats while holding a 15lb plate, 20 situps and 20 jump rope.  We did as many reps as possible (AMRAP) for a total of 15 minutes.  I managed to do almost 3 full reps.... was jumping rope when the buzzer went off. The first rep wasn't horrible, the 2nd I was starting to die and the 3rd I was wishing I was dead LOL. Oddly enough, the sit ups were the easiest for me.  The biggest issue I had was that the squats made my legs feel like jello so when it came time to jump rope I couldn't lift them up!!  Once the 15 minutes was up we went into the stretching portion and that finished up the workout.  It was hard, but it felt good.

I am pretty sore today, not even gonna lie! Last night I took a hot bath with Epsom salts and I took some extra magnesium before I went to bed, and today I've been drinking lots of water.  I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be, thankful for that!

I meant to take a "before" selfie but forgot, so all you get is the sweaty "after" selfie today!




Meals from the last 2 days -

Monday 4/9


Breakfast: egg whites scrambled with spinach, oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch: salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and tuna. Brown rice with salsa
Dinner: ground pork and sauteed cabbage, seasoned with braggs aminos, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.  This was delicious!
Snacks - not pictured - turkey meatballs, almonds and peanut butter.


Tuesday 4/11


Breakfast: cottage cheese, spinach and toast
Lunch: mini beef patties, roasted potatoes and cucumbers
Dinner: shrimp, sauteed veggies, spinach and onions.
Snacks: protein shake, turkey meatballs, almonds and peanut butter.

I bought this bag of veggies at walmart and will be buying them again, they're really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment