Sunday, April 1, 2018

I've done something crazy...

Admit it, none of you are surprised by that statement right?  I mean it is ME we are talking about, and I've been known to do some off the wall stuff so....  But this is legit nuts ya'll, even for me.



On April 7th I am starting a 6 week challenge at Middleburg Strength and Conditioning, a crossfit gym (or "box", as I have been told they are called).  Yes, I said CROSSFIT, and yes I said 6 WEEKS. Told ya I did something crazy!!  It involves a strict meal plan, a shit ton of accountability with the trainers and other members of my group, and 3 one hour workout sessions each week. Quite honestly I am not so sure I am going to survive this!  Ok ok, I know I will survive, but it is going to completely kick my ass physically, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't scared that I am going to be hungry for the entire 6 weeks.  





My decision to do this is something I have been thinking about for a few weeks.  Not exactly crossfit, but something to ramp up my exercise routine. I love to walk and have been jogging a bit lately, but I need something to push myself further. The actual signing up was pretty spontaneous. It also wasn't very well planned out.  After I did it I looked at my calendar and realized that during the 6 week period I will be out of town 3 of the weekends.  It's going to be impossible to stick to the meal plan exactly, but I'll prepare ahead and bring the food I can and just make the best choices when the meals are out of my control.  Good thing I love salads!! There's some pretty high stakes involved in finishing this challenge that I will talk about at another time, but those things will keep me on track if nothing else does. 






One other thing before I go.  Zach is doing this with me, so that is making this 100x easier mentally.  He still needs to drop a few pounds before he ships out in May, so when I mentioned I was going to do this he signed up as well.  He is starting a week ahead of me, so tomorrow. He only has 5 weeks left before he leaves so they made an exception for him with the challenge. We spent Friday night going over the guidelines of the meal plan and then came up with one for the week using them. We have both been successfully eating low carb for the past 6 weeks, so making this change is a little tough, but we got this. Yesterday we went grocery shopping and then this morning we portioned everything out.  Then we had pizza rolls for lunch and are now headed to the County Fair to have funnel cake and pet the baby goats :) Tomorrow it's game on!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment