This really requires no explanation lol. Salmon - seasoned with dill and lemon pepper and then poached. Tossed salad - spring mix, tomato, cucumber, boiled egg, shredded cheese and crumbled blue cheese. I'm not a huge fan of salad dressings, so mine doesn't have any. Russ put ranch on his :)
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
As if cutting out sugars wasn't challenging enough, I'm also trying to clean out our freezer. Eating things like this is a result of that. Although, we both agreed it tasted REALLY good! I sautéed some green onions in coconut oil, then added a small head of cabbage that I'd chopped up. Some garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper, put a lid on it and stirred every few minutes until it was done. We like our veggies still somewhat crunchy. The sausage were just sweet Italian sausages, cooked and sliced them up. I like my sausages with mustard.
Sunday, November 2, 2014
Today started with a 3 milk walk outside. It was only 43° out, but that didn't stop us! We had a pretty low key day after that, and had a simple but delicious dinner of Taco Salad. Lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, seasoned ground turkey, guacamole, salsa and some crushed up tortilla shells. 600 calories, but it made a huge plate and we are both satisfied!
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Turkey Wrap with cucumbers and avocado dip
These are the star players in my wrap - Shredded lettuce, smoked turkey breast, provolone cheese, roasted red peppers olives and ranch dressing. I bought the stuff to make homemade Caesar dressing for these wraps, but want to use up what we have open in the fridge first.
Summer Vegetable Tian
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Saute both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about 5 minutes).
- 2. While onion and garlic are sauteing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- 3. Spray the inside of an 8 x 8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and thyme.
- 4. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- My notes: I did not use the thyme. I also don't recommend putting it back in the oven for that long after putting these cheese on. Ours melted so much it was almost non-existent. Next time I will bake it for 45 minutes and then add the cheese for the last 5!
- Original Link