Sunday, April 8, 2018

Groceries, meals and food prep.

Today's grocery haul.  We didn't need too much since we overbought last week and still have meat and veggies in the freezer.  Not shown in the picture are some things I got at the farmers market - tomatoes, blueberries and potatoes.


One of the things both Zach and I are struggling with is getting our 2 protein snacks in each day.  We'd rather get it from food vs. a protein shake, but I may end up going that route eventually. We decided to make a big batch of Turkey meatballs tonight, that we then packaged up in the portion sizes we need.  These are delicious! Ground Turkey, onions, lots of garlic, salt and pepper.


Last but not least, my meals for today. 
Breakfast: Seasoned ground beef,  sauteed spinach and toasted Ezekiel bread.
Lunch: Spinach topped with shrimp, roasted potatoes, and hot sauce. 
Dinner: Taco salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, seasoned beef, pico de gallo, avocado and greek yogurt. 


I did eat a greek yogurt for a protein snack as well.  (And by eat I mean I choked it down.  I really dislike yogurt of any kind.)

That's a wrap on Day 1! Tomorrow is the first exercise day. I'm both excited and nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment